Tuesday, May 12, 2009

The Striped Bass are Running!

Late last night two of the men from church brought some Striped Bass steaks to our house after a successful night of fishing. We enjoyed it for dinner tonight. It is such a yummy fish, so hearty and not oily at all. George invited Joe to go back tonight with him and I got a call while leaving CVS from Joe telling me to come down with the girls. I ran home to get the camera and met them as soon an I could get there. George caught two keepers (a 33", a 36", and a 3 foot sand shark besides!) My amazing Joe caught three fish, but only one keeper (a 22, a 25", and a 33")! That is incredible for his first time out fishing for striped bass. I'm so proud of him and thrilled to have such delicious fish for the freezer. Good fish is so expensive and to have some for free is a blessing. The girls were very interested in touching the fish and watching them breathe. Elissa was not too keen on the filleting and was ready to go home for a hot bath after seeing what happened to her fish friends.













No comments: