
On Friday night, we had company at our home for dessert. Dave and Tara Marine and their two boys were here for the weekend from North Jersey. We spent a couple of days in their home in January and always enjoy getting caught up with them.
Saturday, our family went to get our car washed at the local Christian School to support the Bible Quiz Team of a Boy in our church. They were also having a yard sale and we were thrilled to add the game Connect Four to our collection! (Karis and I have played lots of games together this week including this one, Uno, and Mancala)
Then we headed to MacDonalds for Double cheeseburgers which we took to go. We prayed for a good parking place and a bench on the boardwalk and God gave us both! We had such a fun time watching the 50+ kites of all shapes and sizes in the air on the beach for the yearly Kite Festival while we ate lunch. There were craft booths set up too, and we spent some time wandering through those before we headed home for the girls' nap time. (These pics were taken with a cell phone...sorry so blurry!)


Saturday night Dave and Sarah Mincy arrived at our home to have dinner and spend the night before Dave would do the sacred concert for us on Sunday morning. We grilled London Broil and also had yummy corn on the cob. Then we were up really late with them visiting as well. What a blessing to be able to host God's servants in our home. Our children had such a great time with their kids, Wes, Will, and Skye. Sarah and I hit it off and I was so encouraged to have someone like her to visit with. Dave was Joe's choir director in high school, so they had lots to catch up on.

Dave's CD, A Place of Quiet Rest, is one of our very favorites and it was really neat to hear some of the stories behind why the particular songs on there were chosen. My favorite part though was the duets that Joe and Dave sang together. They did three and if I can figure out how, I'll add an audio clip of Sweeter as the Years Go By so you can see why I loved it so much!

We had 120 people at church, over half visitors who were just in town for the holiday weekend, but from what I heard, everyone left with a refreshed spirit. All of the words for each song were printed in a bulletin insert so we were able to read the words, even on the piano pieces. What a tremendous blessing! http://www.mincymedia.com

No comments:
Post a Comment