
While we were in WV, Elissa had a heavy folding table fall over on her foot and the Croc Charm in her shoe split the skin open. My Dad and I rushed her to Urgent Care where they took her right in and did an x-ray. Thank the Lord, nothing was broken, but she did require two stitches. (This mom thinks she should have probably had three, but the PA that put them in was getting squeamish from all the crying. The ladies who helped us were so nice, but I do wish they would have waited a bit longer for the numbing meds to take effect before they started the sewing.) It was awful, but after the fooling with it was over, Elissa has been a real trooper. The giant tub of cheese balls we turned her loose on helped a bit too! I do think we will take the stitches out ourselves while she is sleeping. Her favorite phrase this week has been "No touch BOO BOO!"

3 comments:
that is a large large thing of cheese balls- but it looks like bribery worked. the stitches look like they'll come out easily- call me if you need to "phone a nurse" for questions or comedic advice. =-) I'm good at both! haha!
how is she doing now?
I took the stitches out while she was sleeping last night...easy as pie. She was surprised to wake up without them this morning. She had a bad scab, but it looks to be healing ok. She has an immunization appointment for Friday, so I'll have her doctor check it out then. No problem with infection all the way along and she will let me touch it now.
Post a Comment