Monday, February 1, 2010

I get that a lot!

I don't know about you, but I've had fun looking at the pictures people have been posting this week on Facebook of their Doppelgängers! Joe and I are self-proclaimed people-watchers and love trying to figure out who different people remind us of...we're always looking for similarities and pointing them out to each other. Normally we're watching something on TV and one of us says, "He reminds me of someone, but I can't figure out who!" And then the other one names a name and "That's it!"
I have never in my life watched the show Life Goes On, but people used to say to me..."You look like that actress Kellie Martin from Life Goes On." And of course, since we didn't have cable and there was no internet to look her up on, I had no idea who they were talking about. Then came the Christy movie and television spin off and I found out who Kellie Martin was. Nearly every week someone would point out our similarities, sometimes daily a complete stranger would stop me to ask if I were her twin or somthing similar. The three summers I worked at The Wilds, I was meeting new people all the time and campers and sponsors every week would approach me about this. I thought maybe we looked sort of alike...until the day I got a note from my little cousin Staci which included a cropped picture of me that I had never seen before. I was trying to figure out what I was wearing and when I had fixed my hair like that. Then I turned it over and realized it wasn't me after all. It was cut from a magazine and it was Kellie. From that day on, I was willing to admit that we were more alike in different. (At least on the outside!)
Here are a few pictures I found...


This is my favorite and reminds me of my high school days...when we were both skinny, fresh-faced, and rather nice-looking. I'd love to have that face back!


This one I had to post because one of my senior pictures looks just like this. I was wearing a peach silk skirt and embroidered vest and the photographer sat me on a trunk with a stack of old books, lit a candle set on the floor and told me to look "wistfully" at the candle. =) If we didn't have so much snow and I could get to Joe's office, I would scan it in so you could see it! Maybe another day.



And here, she looks tired, and a little heavier...just like me!

Hope you've enjoyed looking at these. If you haven't posted about your look-alike yet, what are you waiting for? Not sure who you resemble, try this site to find out.

No comments: