Saturday, April 25, 2009

Sunrise Service

I usually see the sun rise once a year, but it is always spectacular over the ocean. We had just over one hundred people in attendance at the service and began the day with John 11:25-26 "I am the Ressurection and the Life; He that believeth in Me, though he were dead, yet shall he live. Whosoever liveth and believeth in Me shall never die. Believest thou this?"




In our Worship Service Joe and Garth sang a song called Twice the Sun Rose.
Here are the words:

Twice the Sun rose on that morning, One a globe of warmth and cheer;
But the other, how much greater, Rose to conquer death and fear.
One a fixture of creation 'midst a million other stars,
But the other, how much greater, God's own Son to heal sin's scars!

Yes, I know my Savior's risen I can see it in the sky, All creation shouts the message, but will you sit idly by? Spread the message, tell the story, lest the rocks cry from their place - Christ is risen! He is Savior! and He offers saving grace.

Twice the Sun rose on that morning, One to light another day; But the other, how much greater, rose to take all sin away. One a picture of the other but still hidden with each night; But the other, how much greater,
Jesus Christ, Eternal Light! Eternal Light!

Yes, I know my Savior's risen I can see it in the sky, All creation shouts the message, but will you sit idly by? Spread the message, tell the story, lest the rocks cry from their place! Christ is Risen! He is Savior! and He offers saving grace. Now He offers you His grace.

-by Dave Mincy (who, by the way is coming here over Memorial Day weekend to do a sacred concert for us at church!)

2 comments:

Garth and Becky said...

Great pictures! We sure will miss being there for Dave Mincy's concert. Garth's singing Twice the Son Rise this morning at our church.

Unknown said...

Looks like you all had a beautiful service. I was so happy to know that you were all together for this very special day. Love you xoxoxoxo