II Corinthians 10:5 "We destroy arguments and every lofty opinion raised against the knowledge of God, and take every thought captive to obey Christ".
This verse was mentioned in an aside in this morning's sermon at church, but how it spoke to my heart! I plan to use it to battle the thoughts and imaginations, the arguments and lofty opinions that rise up in my spirit against the knowledge of God...what I KNOW is true about Him. The following are a few illustrations on what I KNOW is TRUE about God from my own Bible study this past week: He has not left us alone. He has not messed up the story. He does not punish us for obeying Him. No good thing will He withhold from them who walk uprightly. He richly blesses everyone who looks to Him for help. There is no condemnation to them that are in Christ Jesus.
Cling to what you know is true about God, no matter how you feel. Believe God knows JUST what He is doing in your situation. If I believe Christ controls all then I must believe that nothing can go "wrong". He holds all things together, even if it feels like it has all fallen apart!
Habakkuk 3:17-19 "Though the fig tree should not blossom, nor fruit be on the vines, the produce of the olive fail and the fields yield no food, the flock be cut off from the fold and there be no herd in the stalls,yet I will rejoice in the LORD; I will take joy in the God of my salvation. GOD, the Lord, is my strength; he makes my feet like the deer's; he makes me tread on my high places."
Sunday, March 27, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment