Sunday, October 4, 2009

Working with Color

The week before last we read about the father of American Art, Benjamin West. The excitement he found over being given the knowledge of how to make the primary colors of paint was something Karis found interesting. So, I decided to supplement our curriculum a bit and we cut out pictures from old magazines to make our own color wheels. Another day we mixed our own primary colors to make the secondary colors and painted rainbows using cotton balls as our art tool. Funny how things all fit together, since we were covering Noah and the flood in Bible class too!
Elissa loves to get in on anything crafty we do in school. Hopefully, she won't mind doing all these same things over again in two years! Maybe I'll have some new ideas by then.









1 comment:

sara said...

I love these color ideas! The rainbows turned out so cute!